The ICRC Regional Delegation inJakartaseeks to fill the following position:
Deputy Head of Communication Department
To reinforce the impact and coherence of its communication inIndonesiaand Timor-Leste, the ICRC Jakarta Regional Delegation seeks to appoint a talented, experienced and motivated deputy Head for its Communication Department.
We are looking for a professional communicator who can propose, implement, update and evaluate strategies related to public communication and the understanding of the environment, as well as to motivate and support his-her team. The successful candidate for this post should have a proven record of effectiveness in a similar position.
His-her main tasks include :
- Overseeing the activities related to public communication, in particular in the social media platforms; overseeing the monitoring of the environment and ensuring adequate reporting
- Supervising theJakartaRegional Delegation’s Resource Centre
- Contributing to define and implement the communication strategies under the lead of the coordinator aiming at promoting ICRC’s mandate and humanitarian activities inIndonesiaand Timor-Leste.
- Supervising a team in charge of generating creative contents (print, audio-visual and online), as well as of the monitoring of public opinion’s perceptions and trends
- Supporting the Regional Delegation’s staff in their internal and external communication efforts
Experience & profile :
- University degree (or equivalent), preferably in communication, public relations, journalism, international relations, social or political sciences, or another field combined with work experience in communication
- At least five years of work experience, of which a minimum of 2 years in management position, preferably in a field related to public communication
- Experience in project management, including budget planning, monitoring and reporting and team management
- Native Bahasa Indonesia speaker; excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Other languages are an asset (particularly French, Portuguese or Arabic)
- Strongly motivated by and for humanitarian work
- Ability to analyse and write with rigour, precision and clarity
- Tenacity, sense of responsibility, autonomy and initiative
- Flexibility and ability to work with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong ability to motivate, persuade and influence others
- Good communication and representation skills
- Ability to travel outside ofJakartafor periods of up to 2 weeks at a time
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, as well as :
- Dynamic work environment within a reputable international organisation
- Further training in the area of communication as well as in other subjects relevant to the position
- Medical / Health Coverage
- Salary in accordance with level of responsibility
Starting date : as soon as possible
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Deadline for applications : 25 April 2013